Thursday, December 4, 2008

Closing this Chapter....

I thought I was celebrating the end of my school days two years ago when I got my undergraduate degree. Then, I decided to go back to school, applying for graduate school the night before the deadline... Whew, I got in but then I extended my continuous school cycle for another few years.

Well, here we are, almost two years later and, although I still have my internship at the UIL to complete in the Spring, I am finishing my last class tonight! I can't believe I am finishing this 18-year quest we call "school." Definitely feels weird. I know that I DO NOT want to go back and get my PhD, but I still don't feel like this is the end of classes. Although, I want to celebrate I can't force myself to get giddy about it just yet. I'm not quite sure why either. Maybe it's because I still have three finals to complete. Although they are take-home essay finals, they are still schoolwork, so I guess I'm not completely finished yet.

Anyways, tonight at my 5-8 Sport Ethics class, I will be handing in my term paper, eating dinner with the rest of my class (I'm making a corn casserole), and then heading out. Pretty low-key. No lecture, no notes, just show up, talk about term paper, eat, pick up final and leave. I guess I will be celebrating with a trip to Starbucks with two of my favorite girls. Even though I don't drink coffee, or anything mocha-related, I will be enjoying the holiday peppermint hot chocolate with a gift card I received from a sweet girl in my small group last night! Thanks, M'Kayla! :)

Anyways, I'll post some pics here from my college experience. If I had any of me in my pre-college school days on this computer, then I'd post some of them, but I don't so I'll spare you. (Although I was a cute little girl with poofy bangs and a perm!) So long, University of Texas. I love you and will always cherish our times together. You've treated me well (except for that one Geology class and a few other classes). I will be forever loyal to you. So loyal, that I'll even visit you everyday (since I work on campus, haha!).












2 comments:

Brittany Swanson said...

Congrats on finishing up! What an accomplishment. I sent you a facebook invite to dinner- hopefully everyone will be free that night because we will only be in Lumberton for the weekend but I'd LOVE to see you guys!

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS, my Meago! Most of my best memories of college involve you. :-) Love you, friend!