Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Job Update

It's been a while since I've given an update on the hunt for a teaching/coaching job. Well, there's not much to report. Still no job offers and I've only had one interview. The interview went well, but the position was given to a high school coach that was only certified in math. Ho hum.... Now, I'm scanning the job boards daily in search of an opening around this area. There are many jobs that are available across the state, but we don't want to move, so that limits the opportunities.

The Texas Girls Coaching Association hosts an annual coaching school and it's in Austin this year. At the coaching school, they have a career center where Athletic Directors go to look for coaches. So, today I'm bringing some resumes and I'm going to to job fair. I don't really know what to expect, but I've heard that they sometimes do some informal interviews on the spot, so I guess we could have a possibility after today.

There is an athletics opening at Barton Middle School at Hays CISD, but I don't think they have a teaching position that would be a good fit for me. I've talked to the athletic coordinator about it and he talked to the principal, so I guess we will go from there.

Don't get me wrong, I still like my job at the UIL, but in order for me to move into administration, I need to get some actual coaching and teaching experience. I know that God has my steps mapped out for me, so I am just trying to follow His will.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments: