- I went to the job fair at the Coaching School and didn't get any leads there, but I did get a call about a job at Barton Middle School in Hays. Well, I interviewed (it went really well) and was expecting a call in a few days... Three days later, I had not heard from them and I was leaving for camp soon, so I called and found out that I didn't get the job and was supposed to have received a call earlier, oops.
- I was REALLY upset about not getting that job. I think it's because so many things were falling into place that I knew it was not a coincidence, and then it didn't work out. I also think it's because I would be gone the next week and school starts in less than a month and there is NOTHING available right now. But, take heart, I know that God still has a plan.
- Since we are down to one car (still) Kristin gave me a ride to the church to leave for camp (THANKS KRISTIN!). I went as an adult leader to Student Life Camp with the high school youth. I helped lead the 9th and 10th graders, and we had such a good time. I forgot how tiring camps are, and I really enjoyed my afternoon nap each day!! It was definitely necessary! Though I was consumed with my inability to find a job, I did manage to learn some cool stuff from God, and I was really convicted of not reading the Bible as much lately. It is so essential and it's where we find direction (which I need). Please pray for me, that I am disciplined to read my Bible each day.
- I felt like I was 15 again, when my parents picked me up from camp at Baylor and took me home for a Bridal Luncheon and Courtney and Matt's wedding festivities. I had a GREAT time reconnecting with high school friends and was so blessed to be a part of the wedding that was almost 10 years in the making! What a journey!!
Well, that's it for now (haha, sorry about the lengthy post). Please continue to pray for me to find a teaching job. I still feel like that's where God wants me to be in the fall. Also, pray for our finances as we save for another car and pay for surprise expenses (mouth guards at the dentist office). Also, I'll still have to pay the $4000 (for my certification) out of my own pocket in the fall if I don't get a teaching job.
3 comments:
You have to start wearing a mouth guard? I wear one too, and I have been wearing one for about 2 years, it has DEFINITELY helped my TMJ not be so bad.
The mouth guard was for Travis.. He's started having headaches and they determined that he's grinding his teeth again (he did when he was younger) in his sleep. Those things are expensive!!!
Great update, Meagles! I'm praying for you in your job search as it comes to my mind.
I am SO GLAD that you are running the half marathon instead of the full! Honestly, I would never try to discourage you, but I was worried for you. Your training just sounded so excruciating. That's not to say that you won't run a full someday, but now you have longer to build up to that goal.
Maybe I can plan a work trip to SA for the week of Nov. 15 so that I can cheer you on! I love you!
Post a Comment