Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chocolate Snuggles :)

It rained at our house off and on on Monday. While I am very thankful for the much needed rain, it always puts a kink in my plans for the evening. Why? Well, we keep Snuggles and Timber in the back yard during the day while we are at work, and when it rains, Snuggles gets very dirty. Lately, I've been having to give her a bath at least three times a week when there is a little shower. She loves to dig in the dirt and lately she's been curious and getting out of the fence, so she really gets dirty then!

Back to Monday. So, I got home and had about 45 minutes until I was meeting some friends for dinner and what greets me at the back door? This.....

That is the dirtiest she's EVER been. It looked like she just went and soaked in a mud puddle for a while. The wet mud was all over her!! I was finally able to get her in the bath tub. As soon as I put her in the tub, she looked like this and the bath water was instantly brown....

So, I ended up getting in the shower with her to clean her and that "bath" took about 30 minutes! I was scurrying to get out the door on time!!

Well, we have been meaning to get her groomed lately, but we had to get her vaccines updated first. We were finally able to do that on Sunday, so I made an appointment for this morning to get her groomed at a new groomer just right down the road. We dropped her off before our doctor's appt. (more on that later), and Travis picked her up and took her home on his way back to work. We told them to go really short, because she can barely see with the hair in her face and the hair on her belly was so long that it was matting up badly. Well, they went very short. It shocked me a little when Travis sent me the after pic, but she's still so cute. It made me chuckle.

Here's her before:


Here's her after:



:) I'll update more on our doctor's appt. later this afternoon (hopefully).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That just made my day! HAHA!!!!!

Dani said...

She looks like a completely different....I feel like I can't even call her Snuggles until her hair grows out a little longer. :)

Dani said...

after the word completely should be the word "dog"....my bad.