First of all, Hook Em Horns! Though it wasn't the prettiest win and I'm pretty sure I had a stress attack at least 4 times (j/k), we won! Woohoo! 5-0 Longhorns! Next up is Missouri.... Unfortunately, Travis and I will not be able to watch the game this weekend because we are both going to the youth Fall Retreat with our church this Saturday and Sunday. We are heading to Highland Lakes Encampment on Saturday morning and returning just in time for Becca's baby shower on Sunday after church. I'm excited to be going and excited that Travis is going too! He will be helping with the middle school boys at our church starting next week. He's excited to get to serve the youth again. We used to serve on a D-Now team in college, so this is definitely nothing new for us.
Instead of our regular Wednesday night small group meeting, our small group went to the Austin Music Hall last night for a Third Day concert. It was definitely rocking and it was FREE (thanks Kathy)! I was reminded the reason why Third Day has been great for so long: they have been focused on the real Message in their music and performances, they have great music and they are GREAT performers! I'm pretty sure there were a few songs where the baby was rocking in my uterus! I haven't felt the baby move yet, but I definitely felt my uterus vibrating last night. It was safe to say that Third Day was the first concert for this little one! :) Attending that concert brought back memories from the first time I saw Third Day in concert. I was 17, and I saw them with Michael W. Smith in Houston at the Toyota Center. Travis, Daren, Tara, Chris Biano and I all loaded up in Daren's Astro Van with curtains on the windows, haha, and headed to Houston. I remember that we got to go to the Galleria beforehand and we got lost on the way back home that night. It was a great trip and great concert though. I think that night was also the night that I first recognized that I had feelings for Travis that were a little more than friendship, but that's another story :)
We're counting down to the festivities next weekend with 1. Family arriving on Thursday evening, 2. Attending the Dr. Appt. on Friday morning and hopefully finding out if the baby is a boy or girl, 3. Painting the nursery, 4. Registering for baby stuff, and 5. Spending quality time with both the Killams and the Hoggs. :) LESS THAN 8 DAYS!!
How's the baby growing?
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.Lord,
As your child continues to grow in my womb, I pray that you would fashion his/her eyes, ears and head to function and one day see, hear and know You. I pray that as the heart develops, you would begin to build your home inside of it and increase the love that this child has for you and your children.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had fun at the concert! I can't believe it's only a week until you find out. What colors are you thinking about painting?
Post a Comment