Monday, February 15, 2010

33 Weeks

Well, this will not be a long post b/c I am super busy at work today and not much to report that I haven't already reported. We traveled to Lufkin/Huntington for my last shower last weekend. It was a great time and we are so grateful for all of the gifts that everyone has given to us. Thank you! I have pics from the two showers we had last week (the other one was at work), as well as an update on my awesome birthday and Valentine's Day! :) For now, I'll leave you with this picture of me at 33 weeks on Saturday and your weekly update on how Hudson's growing....


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with aconehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful picture of you Meagan! I hope you have a great week!