
I can't believe that this is my 200th blog post! Since I wasn't able to do a Mother's Day post on actual Mother's Day, I will recap my first Mother's Day and share something special about a few ladies in my life.
My first Mother's Day was wonderful!! I still can't believe that I am a mommy, especially that I get to be Hudson's mommy. It brought a whole new meaning to this day, and I felt so loved! My parents were in town for the weekend, so I was able to spend the day with my mom and also I was able to spend it with my own son. Since Hudson is obviously too young to help celebrate the day, Travis helped on his behalf. Travis was too excited to wait until Sunday to give me my gift, so I got my gift on Wednesday! :) He got me a nice digital frame with pictures from Hudson's birth and first few weeks of his life. It was beautiful! I can't wait to take it to work with me when I go back in just 13 days. It will be a great way for me to still keep in touch with Hudson while I'm away from him, plus I'll be able to show him off!! Travis also helped me tackle some projects around the house that I wanted completed. We cleaned out our closet and re-organized it. I cleaned out the dresser and we gathered a total of 3 garbage bags full of clothes for Goodwill. They were only my clothes too!! I put all of my maternity clothes away, since I shouldn't be needing them for a while. My closet looks so much better!! I was also able to pull out some clothes that I forgot I had while I was pregnant and couldn't wear them! It was kinda fun!!
While my parents were here, we ate breakfast with my brother on Saturday ahttp://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=507978264&ref=tsnd I got to shop with my mom. She bought me some decorative stuff for my house, and we put it up Saturday night. She also volunteered to get up both nights and feed Hudson during the night so I could sleep! She is awesome!!
I got tons of messages wishing me a happy mother's day, and Snuggles, Timber and Hudson all wished me a Happy Mother's Day, so it was a super day! I can't wait to spend many more mother's days as a mommy with my children and family. I am truly blessed to be a mom, and Hudson is a gift from God.
Finally, I want to recognize two special moms in my life. First, I would like to thank my beautiful mom for:
- always supporting me in each endeavor of my life, including activities, choices I made, etc.
- being a good example of a godly woman in my life
- exuding joy every day to her family and people around her
- being there for me when I needed some advice, someone to vent about my stress, or just talk to about life
- the many shopping trips that we have been on and all of the money-saving tips she has taught me :)
- helping me get ready for cheer tryouts, dances, my wedding, the birth of my child and everything in-between
- sacrificing her own desires for the happiness and well-being of her family
- loving my dad the way a wife should support and love her husband
- being my best friend and confidant in all stages of my life
Mom, I love you! You are an amazing mommy, Grinna, sister, wife, friend, aunt, niece, granddaughter, coworker, laborer for Jesus, supporter and child of God. I hope that I can follow in your awesome footsteps and be half the mommy you were to us.
I would also like to thank my mother-in-law, Dana Hogg. She is also another great mom in my life. I have known her since Travis and I were in Middle School, and she has always welcomed me into her home and family. Even when we were not dating, she never cared when I would come over to hang out and she never complained when the youth would stay at their house late at night. She is a great mom who also sacrificed a lot for her family. I don't remember her ever missing a concert, band performance, soccer game or any event that her kids were in. She is always there, and usually with a camera in hand. Travis' parents have always supported our relationship, as friends and then when we started dating and got married. They would drive to Austin just so we could see one another during my freshman year. They would allow me to stay with them in their guest room when I would visit Travis, because my parents didn't live in Lumberton anymore. She is creative and a wonderful friend, loyal supporter and a wonderful Gran-D. Thank you for your example and legacy!!
We love both of you very much and are so thankful for our moms!! Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment