Friday, December 16, 2011

Cafe Monet Fun!


In November, a friend of mine told me about the different kid-friendly activities at Cafe' Monet each month.  I have friends that love to visit this artsy place to design pottery, but I had never been there before.  Last month, they had a kid event where they read a story about a turkey and then the kids got to make a handprint turkey plate.  I wasn't sure how Hudson would do, I was afraid he might be too young, but he LOVED it!  Here is Hudson painting:

Here is his final result.  I picked up the plate a week later and they had finished it, glazed it and made it even prettier! We were so impressed with the results!

In December, they had a similar event, but Santa came and read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" with the kids and then the kids were able to make a handprint Christmas tree plate with fingerprint lights around the border.  I will be going to pick up the finished product tomorrow! I would really recommend this to any parent that is looking for new ideas of fun things to do with your kiddos of all ages! They make wonderful keepsakes for the holidays!

Here is Hudson visiting with Santa. He wasn't too sure at first, but he walked right up to sit in his lap! :)

Hudson painting and with his product!


 
 





No comments: