Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Three Cubed

I turned 27 on February 11 (hence the title of this post).  I have had a GREAT 26th year, and I am excited about the treasures that God has in store for me this year. Just think: a new baby, another year as a teacher, our 5-year anniversary and lots of other memories will be this year!
For my birthday, Travis had been planning a surprise for quite a while.  He took me to Cedar Park to the Austin Steam Train station and we boarded an old train car from the early 20th century that was remodeled.  I forgot to take any pictures from inside the train (oops!), but we had a fabulous time!  It was a beautiful day and very relaxing, but I mainly just enjoyed spending time with my hubby!  We went through the Hill Country to Burnet and shopped and ate there for a few hours before heading back to Cedar Park.  I recommend this to anyone for a great date!




That night, we had a Mardi Gras themed birthday party at our house and we had some GOOD food!  Boudain, jambalaya, gumbo, king cake, salsa and other goodies.  It was a great time of fun and fellowship! Here's to 27 years!!

No comments: