Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Secret's Out....

Well, it wasn't much a secret. We only found out on Sunday and we couldn't hold it in much longer, so after my first doctor's visit yesterday, we had to let the world know how excited we are!!

Thanks for all of your sweet messages of encouragement and excitement, they mean so much to us! Please stay tuned to this blog, where I'll continue to update more on this little blessing that we are expecting.

But, for now, I'll give you the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey would say):

Just a warning, there may be some TMI here, so be prepared! Okay, I had to get off of birth control a few months ago because I was having trouble with my thyroid, so the doctors wanted me to quit taking it in case that exacerbated the problem (don't worry, it's fine now). Since I got off the pill, my period was never consistent and hard to time. Thus, I guess it was difficult to time when I needed to use other protection during the month. I was feeling somewhat tired (especially during youth camp), but I have always been a nap person, so I thought nothing of it. Also, I was late, but again, I was very inconsitent, so this was not a red flag... I had been training for my half-marathon for two months, when I began to get VERY tired while running and had no stamina to go even two miles at a time. While this was very frustrating, I just chalked it up to a mind game, and I kept psyching myself out about it. Well, last Saturday, we were at Dani and Joel's house eating supper and Dani and I were both complaining about how we felt a little nauseous, so I just took a test Sunday morning just in case, since I was running a lot.

Well, the first test was positive, so was the second and third test.... I was shocked! We weren't really planning on having kids YET, but Travis consoled me and then I knew that everything would be okay, even if I didn't know HOW it would all work out, God has a plan. After the shock wore off and I made my first appointment for Tuesday morning, I was getting pretty excited!

Kristin referred me to her doctor, and I found out that many ladies from the church used this doctor, and the Nurse Practitioner even goes to our church! I already love the doctor and his staff, and I'm looking forward to my next visit on Sept. 1. I was surprised that they did a sonogram and listened to the baby's heartbeat in the first appointment! Everything is perfect, so I am so happy and relieved to hear that! As soon as Travis got home from work, we called our parents and then let everyone know.

Even though it's still hard to wrap my mind around the thought of having a baby in the spring, we are thrilled! Please pray for us, that we would have a healthy baby and that I would continue to stay well. So far, I haven't gotten sick, so let's hope it stays that way!! Please continue to pray that everything works out with our job situations and finances....

YAY!! :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow. I'm impressed that you "felt" preggo so soon - even if you didn't realize that's what it was! I found out about as late as you did with mine and I had NO idea except that I was late.

I think you'll like being pregnant :) So cool that you've already heard/seen whatever the heartbeat. Such a good sign of a healthy baby!

Congrats! :)

Kristin said...

Oh I am SOOO excited for y'all!! I kept checking to see if you were going to update! :) You and Travis are going to be wonderful parents and I can't wait to meet this sweet new baby in April! I'm so glad your appointment went well and you got to hear the heart beat. I think you are going to love Dr. Peveto!